At MAAC we let our students let loose their imagination and come up with something creative in their everyday learning.
Inspirational, isn’t it? Want to let loose your imagination? Fill this form & get a call from our counsellors who will guide you on selecting the right course for a successful career.
Did you know that...?
When Walt Disney was younger he was hired to work at the Kansas City Star newspaper. He was later fired from the paper because of "lack of creativity"!
Many giant companies like Walt Disney, Sony Pictures and Turner Entertainment are also off-shoring animation content to India!
In the non-entertainment segment the demand for animation production services will touch US$ 14.7 billion by 2015!
The aviation industry uses 3D animation in the simulators used to train pilots!
3-D mobile games are gaining popularity overseas and the component of graphics designing outsourcing is expected to go up in the future!
PWC, an international business consulting service provider, predicts, “Animation, gaming and VFX industry will continue to maintain its growth pace and is projected to grow at a CAGR of 21.4% to INR 82.6 billion in 2015 from its current size of INR 31.3 billion.”
Wish to be a part of this dynamic industry? Fill this form & get a free call from our counsellors.
Know more about the exciting animation & VFX industry - in India & around the globe!
Check out some great Videos, Graphic & Illustrations created by MAAC students!
Graphics & Illustration
Awards won by MAAC students
Checkout the awards won by MAAC students across film festivals & events!
- Rolling Frames Award, 2014
- Best Animated Film Award at ASAN Video Awards, 2014
- Nomination in Jaipur International Film Festival, 2014
- Best Animation Movie & Special Jury Award at Indian Cine Film Festival, 2014
- Special Jury Award at FICCI BAF, 2012
- Best 3D Film (Manga style) Award at Japanese International Film Festival, 2010
- Best Character Design Award at 16:9 International Animation Awards, 2010
- Best VFX Award (student category) - CGTantra, 2010
- Best Animation Film Award at FICCI BAF, 2008 & nomination at SIGGRAPH
- Best Short Film - Golden Cursor Awards, 2009
- Nomination for the Best Short Film at SIGGRAPH ASIA, 2009
- Special Jury Award at FICCI BAF, 2011
- Best Short Film at FICCI BAF, 2008
- Best Short Film Award at DEGICON 6+2 Tokyo Awards, 2007
- Best Short Film at FICCI BAF, 2006
- Best Short Film at FICCI BAF, 2005
- Kolkata Shorts International Film Festival
- Delhi Shorts International Film Festival
- IMA, Trissur, Kanyakumari Film Festival
Projects: Captain America: The First Avenger, Fast and Furious 6, The Incredible Hulk, Godzilla, Battleship, Hercules, The Golden Compass, and Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian
“Courses at MAAC are at par with industry standards. They train you in all the software used for creating stunning VFX movies we see today.”
I joined MAAC in 2006 after completing my degree in computer engineering. With the guidance of my faculty I applied for an apprentice program at Rhythm & Hues Studios. This was the beginning of my career in the VFX industry. Four years later I went to Singapore to join Double Negative Visual Effects where I worked on some of the best movies in the world. I also worked on a number of ad films for renowned brands.
MAAC is a great institute for those who are serious & passionate about learning. Events like 24FPS will help you learn about managing & executing from concept to delivery, and teach you the importance of teamwork.
No doubt, training at MAAC will set the foundation for a successful VFX career.
- Kunal Chindarkar Lead compositor, Double Negative, Singapore
Projects: The Incredible Hulk, The Mummy - Tomb of the Dragon Emperor and Alvin & The Chipmunks
“Without the support of my trainers at MAAC, I would not have reached where I am right now.”
My mind was set on the visual effects & animation industry from my graduation days, unlike most of my friends who pursued MBA or a career in the IT industry. So I enrolled at MAAC. The course covered all aspects of visual effects & animation, and taught the latest software. The faculty was really supportive & knowledgeable. I was placed at Rhythm & Hues Studios in Mumbai where I started as a roto-paint artist. I worked on several high-end Hollywood films. Our team won the Oscar for Best Visual Effects for The Golden Compass & Life of Pi. After Rhythm & Hues, I got an offer from Base FX, Beijing, China. My current project at Base FX is Agent Carter, a new series by Marvel.
- Jay Mehta Lead compositor/ show supervisor, Base FX, China
See what other students say about life at MAAC.